How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

My husaband and I are in the process of divorce, our house

Customer Question

My husband and I are in the process of divorce, our house is up for sale, he moved out of the house 5 months ago. I recently asked if he could let me have his keys to give to the estate agent, he has refused to hand them over. I am going away for 2 weeks and I don't want him to have access to the house whilst I'm away. can I stop him enterering the house when I'm not there??

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you but I have bad news fir you I am afraid.
Your ex is entitled to return to the Matrimonial Home whenever he wishes unless there is a court order preventing him form doing so as a result of violence, and as a joint owner of the property he can break in if need be without penalty.
I appreciate that this is not what you wish to see but it is the law as it stands
Please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,