How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

Hello, I am Czech living in Uk having two kids. I divorced

Customer Question

Hello, I am Czech living in Uk having two kids. I divorced my first child father (Rebecca 9y) about 5 years ago - we have a join custody but most of the days she is with me and my new partner. With my new partner I have a baby boy (Martin 23 month) and our relationship is not working. Booked with relates to try to mend it. If it is doesn't work I can not see myself to stay in UK (emotionally, financially and I never really wanted to live in UK) and would like to return with both of the kids to CR. I do encourage good relationship between the fathers and our kids but I do see myself being much better mum back home with the support of my big family and old friend with their kids. I have a flat in Prague a can find work quite easily. Rebecca loves it in CR and on many occasion expressed herself that she would much prefer to live there. Both of my kids have very nice relationship with my family back home. Well it is much more complicated. What are my options?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question
I shall do my best to help you.
I am afraid that you will need either the agreement of the two father OR an Order from the court allowing you to move to the Czech Republic permanently
If you need to apply to the court you will have to show how you will maintain contact between the children and their fathers - and how you will fund it.
You can find out more about such applications here
I hope that this is of assistance please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below your Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,