How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34897
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My daughter is 4yrs old and sees her father twice a week, he

This answer was rated:

My daughter is 4yrs old and sees her father twice a week, he is taking me to mediation to see her more. He has phoned her school demanding information on her parents evenings ect, I am worried he will snatch her and as he refuses to give me his address makes me more concerned. Can i get his parental rights taken away?
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Has he ever threatened to take her?
What actual contact does he have at the moment and what is he asking for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

He said he will be picking her from school when he feels like it, didn't ask felt like he was telling me. He has her tuesday's 5pm-6pm and has her 1 day at the weekend, and every 4 weeks all weekend. Mediation cant tell me at the moment what more access he wants but he has said in the past he wants to see her every other day.

Hi Helen
I am afraid that you cannot do anything to remove his Parental Responsibility but given his threat to remove her from School and the fact that he will not give you his address it woudl be very reasonable for you to ask the court for a Residence Order stating that the child lives with you so that you can be certain that the child is returned at the end of contact.
You may also wish to offer alternate full weekend contact so that you each have a weekend with the child plus the midweek evening contact
You can read more about Court applications here
and you can get much more information about possible contact arrangements here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further information
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you