How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

i realise i need to engage asolicitor im inwork and fri pm

Customer Question

i realise i need to engage asolicitor im inwork and fri pm is the only time available in short my wife of 5 years wants divorce 1 year after marriage my parents died my partener and i lived in rented accom ipurchased house for160 000 cash 20 000 morgage in my name only total assets roughly 220 000with house my question is this assets is inherited my father wanted me to buy house in order that when i die his grandson my son would inherit property because i inherited tis money can my wife be in any be entitled tohalf as she has been told she has stated she wontt take this if i give 30 000 to her what do think thank you ''gary whittaker
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Claire and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
Do you and your wife have children together?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

no wedo not have children together
1am 53 she is47

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
What income do you each have and what are her long term plans?