How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Dear Sir/Madam,My name is XXXXX XXXXX have left the family

Customer Question

Dear Sir/Madam,

My name is XXXXX XXXXX have left the family home and my wife of 15 years in March this year after I found out that she was having an affair again.

She has brought the boyfriend she was cheating with in the family home soon after I left and my son of 14 years and daughter of 5 years are now being forced to live with this total stranger.

She refuses to allow my son to practice the Islamic religion and refuses to drive him to his Arabic lessons.

We applied for a divorce in 2008 but it was left at the decree Nisi.
She has requested that the court looks at the decree NISI again and turn it into an absolute. We have a hearing on the 23rd of October in that respect.

I am afraid that the court might pronounce the absolute and give her full custody of the children.

I would prefer to have shared custody of my children if not full custody.

I have a video of her in bed with a man which I filmed in 2010.
I have also evidence of plane tickets for her and a boyfriend in 2010 and hotel room booking...

I have testimonies from a number of people in whom she has confided of her numerous affairs. From 2003 till 2010.

In terms of financial matters I am already paying child maintenance.
I do not have any assets in the UK and abroad.

I sold a property in 2003 and made a profit of 40000 and transferred the money into her joint account with my mother in Mauritius.

From my understanding she has asked my mother to pay a number of her debts and the rest of the money is accounted for.

Does that money comes into the equation?

I would like to divorce her on ground of Adultery. Please advise..
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.
what would you specifically like to know about this please?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

what should I do with regards XXXXX XXXXX hearing on the 23rd?


I would like to know what are the likelihood that she can refuse to sign the divorce since she is now arguing over the money transferred to the foreign account?


I wish to have the children staying with me at least 2 days a week and every other weekends. What are the likelihood that she can refuse this.


I put a deposit on the house of approx £3000 in January 2 months before I left. I have also left most of my belongings in that house. All my electronics such as 50" plasma, new set of Sofa which I am still paying for etc.... I do not intend to recover any of it.

However I would like to recover my car which her boyfriend is driving most of the time. How should I do that? The car is in my name.


Can I go for Full custody of my children on the ground that she has committed adultery in the marriage? Will I be allowed to keep the children?



Expert:  James Mather replied 4 years ago.

Thank you. I am going to opt out of this for another
expert to consider. Please do not reply or it comes back into my inbox. Another
expert will pick it up at some stage. It is now open to all experts.

Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

It seems the professional has left this conversation. This happens occasionally, and it's usually because the professional thinks that someone else might be a better match for your question. I've been working hard to find a new professional to assist you with your question, but sometimes finding the right professional can take a little longer than expected.

I wonder whether you're OK with continuing to wait for an answer. If you are, please let me know and I will continue my search. If not, feel free to let me know and I will cancel this question for you.

Thank you!
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Ok I'll waitm
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

We will continue to look for a Professional to assist you.

Thank you for your patience,
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

I apologise as we have not yet been able to find a Professional to assist you. Do you wish for me to continue to search for someone to assist you or would you like for us to close your question at this time?

Thank you for your patience,
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Can you please close my question and refund the money.



Many thanks

Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Can you let me know how is the fund refunded. Does it go back to my PayPal account
Expert:  Kat-cssm replied 4 years ago.
We received your customer service inquiry, however, we are unable to respond to you because we do not have your email address. Please contact customer support at [email protected] and provide us with your email address and a link to this question page so that we can help you. (paste the question link into the response). Thank you, The JustAnswer Customer Support Team.