How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34889
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am going through a divorce and we have made financial statements

Customer Question

I am going through a divorce and we have made financial statements to our solicitors. I have found out that my wife has been saving money in an account of her new partner and has not disclosed this to her solicitor or me. What do I do?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Claire and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
Do you mean that you have exchanged Forms E?
How have you discovered this information?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

We are going through a collaborative procedure and have exchanged financial details f

in order to come to interim financial agreement. She did not produce hers until the day of the meeting so I was unable to check them. I have found monthly transfers to an RBS Black account. This requires savings of over £100k. She does not have that amount of money but her new boyfriend does. She did not allude to this account stating she only had the current and billing accounts produced

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Hi Paul
Have you brought this up within the process - or are you disenchanted with the system?