How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

EX move to different country

Customer Question

My ex moved to Spain with out my consent and I have been out of a job for 4 months. I start work in October but she moved with out my consent do I still have to pay maintenance? Can she charge me for the months where I wasn't at work?  We currently have a verbal agreement and not involved the CSA.  If she were to involve the CSA would I need to back pay or is it only from when she first files?

Submitted: 5 years ago.
Category: Family Law