How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My wife has asked for a divorce. We have been separated for

Customer Question

My wife has asked for a divorce. We have been separated for over 2yrs now . Where do I stand legally in regards XXXXX XXXXX house. I live in the house and pay all the bills pertaining to said property. Contact me on XXXX XXXXXXX

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 4 years ago.
My name is Magnus and I will be able to help you with your question but first I need a bit more information:
1. What is the value of your house (and mortgage)?
2. What other assets do you have?
3. What are your respective incomes?