How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi,I had a solicitors letter today saying my ex wants to see

Customer Question

Hi,I had a solicitors letter today saying my ex wants to see his 2 children,there 9 and my sons nearly 11,he hasn't seen them for about 8 yrs now he pays for them but when my son was 3 my children stayed with him and his then girlfriend I found out that his girlfriend was bullying my son only found out by my then 2 yr old daughter,my son was really aggressive when I picked them up,when they split up he did tell me that she was picking on him ( can't understand why he didn't stop her he was supposed to be protecting him but wasn't)shortly after I stopped contact didn't seem to bother him tho,my son doesn't like his then dad and won't want to see him will he have to.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 4 years ago.
My name is Mac and I will be able to help you with your question, but first I need a bit more information:

- apart from his badly-acting then girlfriend, what was he like as a father during contact?

- what do you think would be best for your son (and why)?

- is your daughter likely to want to see her father?

Expert:  familylawexpert replied 4 years ago.

I would really like to help you but, in order to do so, I need at least some of the further information I have asked for. I am confident that I could increase your knowledge of your options in this difficult situation.

If you would still like some help with your question, then please just give me a little more detail on the areas that I have asked about.

Kind regards,