How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My child was placed on a care order. In court it was said the

Customer Question

My child was placed on a care order. In court it was said the local authority would share parental responsibility with me and my partner. Our child was returned to our care on the court order. Our child is still on the care order but me and my partner have seperated. Because i work without the child support agancy getting involved i would pay my ex partner x amount of money for our child upkeep. Is the local authority Being as they share responsabilty have to do the same as me ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
No I am afraid that the Local Authority have no financial responsibility to pay maintenance - only biological or adoptive or step parents do
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details