How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I have finally told my partner of 11 years i no longer have

Customer Question

I have finally told my partner of 11 years i no longer have feelings for him & want him to leave. We have two children aged 7 & 8 who he wants custody of. I also want the children to live with me and for my address to be their residential address. He wants me to give him his half of the house value so he can move out. The mortgage was put into joint name in 2004 after being in my name for the previous 8. I do have a history of having a drink problem but am now 12 month sober. Where do I stand legally in both the childrens homing and what money is he entitled too?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
Who has the day to day care of the children at the moment