How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I live with a man who is currently going through a divorce.

Customer Question

I live with a man who is currently going through a divorce. He and his wife have been separated for just under 2 years and have one child together, aged 12. We have been living together in rented accomodation for 10 months. His child lives with us 1 night per week and every other weekend. In the divorce proceedings, his wife has requested full financial disclosure from him which is fine but has also requested full disclosure of my assets. Can she do this? Do I have to provide? What are my rights?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first
Are you referring to the standard Form E
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I don't actually know as I am not familiar with the process but I would think so?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
These are standard questions and you do not have to answer them
However it is to your partners advantage if he actually provides details of your gross income and capital assets - no evidence needed - just the figures - so that he can show that he is not supporting you nor giving you family assets
It also helps him show what his capital needs are
If she asks for more detailed information - THAT should be refused
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details