How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

social workers have placed my childrens names on the at risk

Customer Question

social workers have placed my childrens names on the at risk registar and are stoping me takeing my children to see my partner whos has played dad to them for three years the children love and miss him very much. they are also saying if my partner was to come and live with me and the children when he gets released from prisson they would make me choose between then because of a crime he commited over 33 years ago the are also trying to say he is a perpertrater of domestic volience on me this is not the case can they do this

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and why is your partner in prison?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

my children are 5 ,7,10,14.16. he is in prison for anphetamine with intent to supply on a lower scale to suport his own habbit he was trying to access help for him to cum off the drug.



Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
What is on his record that gives Social Services cause for concern?
Customer: replied 3 years ago.

Is there anything I can do about my situation my partner is trying to turn his lufe around

Expert:  Clare replied 3 years ago.
When is he due to be released and why do you wish to take them on prison visits?