How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

How do my husband and I become a legal guardian to our six

Customer Question

How do my husband and I become a legal guardian to our six year old grandson. His mum and Dad are not together, but are both agreed this is the best option for all concerned.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long has the child lived with you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

our grandson is not with us at present. He has lived with us on and off for approx half of his life. My daughter has a 4 week old baby and is not with the father and lives with the two children a long way from us, My grandson has just been diagnosed with Aspergers Syndrome and my daughter finds it impossible to cope because she has had her own health problems.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Is there any reason why he cannot just come and live with you for now?