How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If step father wants to add son as his own and there is no

Customer Question

If step father wants to add son as his own and there is no father on birth certificate how do we go about it?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you mean he wishes to adopt the child?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes that is what i mean

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Then you will need to contact the adoption section of your local Childrens Services Department.
They will discuss the process with you.
You will be pushed to try and identify the biological father - but if you have no knowledge as to whom that might be then once the full assessment has been made there should be no problem in the application being granted.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details