How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34895
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am an illegal immigrant in the UK and have been for the past

Customer Question

I am an illegal immigrant in the UK and have been for the past 8 years, A lady i was seeing now has a baby for me which is only 2 months old, She is not exactly fit to be a mother and is depriving me of seeing the child. Her mother is an alcoholic and she was sexually abused by her father which she never reported to the authority. She will not let me see the baby nor give stuffs i bought for the baby, to the baby. She gave a call tonight saying she was at a ceremony where her father was. All of these are really worrying to me as the father knowing her father abused her and her mother is an alcoholic and i don't want the baby brought up in that environment and the fear of what her father might do to the innocent child be it now or in the future is a very worrying thought indeed. I am lost and have no idea how to go about this. Help
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Have you reported your concerns to anyone?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I have not spoken to anyone about this and considering my status in the country is probably the reason why i have kept quiet and seeking advice.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
I assume that you cannot risk a Court hearing?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Well i don't know how the system works here when it comes to children but for mine i am willing to go a million miles. I don't think it is right for me to standby and just watch when deep down in me i know what the situation is.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
There are two issues here
If you believe that the child is at risk then you must report the matter to Social Services - you can find their details on line.
If what you wish is to ha e contact with your child then you should try and discuss matters with her using Family mediation ( and if that fails you can apply to the court for a defied contact Order
You can find out more about both options on these websites
I hope that this is of assistance
Please ask if you need further details