How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34886
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have two children from a previous marriage. If I got remarried

Customer Question

I have two children from a previous marriage.
If I got remarried would my new wife's income be taken into account in terms of the maintenance I pay.

Also what maintenance do I pay once I retire and do not have regular monthly income
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do you pay via a Court order or the CSA?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No just agreed on the 20% of net income

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
How old are the children?
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
If your payments are voluntary at the moment then they would , in the event of a dispute, be dealt with via the CSA - and your new spouses income is NOT taken into account.
You will I assume have some form of income when you retire - even if it is only a pension - and it is that which the CSA will complete an assessment on if need be
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details