How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My other half, after 12 years, has decided to separate. We

Customer Question

My other half, after 12 years, has decided to separate. We are not married but we have a 10 years old daughter. I would like to know what my rights are. Thanks
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who has her day to day care at the moment?
What has he said about how her time will be shared between you?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
We both share the day to day care as I work for an airline, but I am going to change job and become a teacher so I can be with her. He is willing to see her at week ends
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?
How will you house yourself and the child?