How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34887
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

my husband and i want a divorce we have settled on a financial

Customer Question

my husband and i want a divorce we have settled on a financial agreement why do we have to fill out a statement of information for a consent order in relation to a financial remedy
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
If you want to have a Court Order setting out the agreement and dismissing all future claims then you need to fill in the form so that the Judge can assess if the settlement is fair or not
If you do not wish to complete the form then you will simply have to forgo the court order and trust each other not to make any further claims
Please ask if you need further details