How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34890
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello Claire, its Sean. Are you working tonight?

This answer was rated:

Hello Claire, it's Sean. Are you working tonight?
Hi Sean
Indeed I am
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire, as you know I won my case and got contact with my daughter. It was due to start on 1st Oct on Skype. It never happened!!! I panicked and phone Police as it was evening time and couldn't get my Solicitor. I waited one year and one month for that moment. Police said they would do welfare check. They phoned me back and said that my daughter told them that she does not want to speak or see her Daddy. My ex has poisoned her!!! My Solicitor says the Court order has to be enforced, but legal aid wont cover it. Final hearing is not until 20th January.....what am I supposed to do now? All this pain and suffering for nothing!!!!! Ex always seems to be way ahead of me. She was arrested for benefit fraud 7 weeks ago, but it wasn't me that reported her, though they are blaming me!


Regards Sean

Stay calm - this was only to be expected.
Next time do not involve the Police - this is not their business
You can complete the appropriate form - it is here
and the fee is £95.
Just continue moving forward - flouting the Order will not help her with her case at all
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Ok Thank you Clare

No worries - but don't do it next time (and sadly there will be a next time)
Unfortunately changes in the Legal Aid system does now restrict what can be done.
They have to apply to extend the certificate each time - which delays matters badly
However if you get the enforcement application underway then this will help
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

There still is a 30 minute hearing on 6th Jan and then the final hearing which I told you about.


Should I just wait until then? The Judge is not aware that this has happened. I can't understand it, because it was they who offered the Skype contact in the first place!!!

No go for the enforcement - and get your solicitor to write to her solicitors about it
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you