How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

could you help me , my son has lived with his comon-law wife

Customer Question

Crycould you help me , my son has lived with his comon-law wife for 20 years , but 3 weeks a go , she asked him to leave , he has come back to my house ,he has to children aswel , but they are with the mother ,the house nwas there own , but it was in her name !! he has put a lot of work in to that house and alot of money over the years to make it a lovely home , does this mean he has no rights to a , or some sort of a pay out , cos he now has nothin , not sure how to go about this at all , but its so upsetting to think thats it !!! after all he is a comon-law Husband ????????? HELP ....

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
What financial contribution has your son made to the property?