How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35052
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My sons biological fatter has only seen him 4 times (at the

This answer was rated:

My sons biological fatter has only seen him 4 times (at the birth, at 4and8 Weeks when I walked 6 miles to his house and at 6 weeks for 5 min in town when he bumped in to us) my son is now 18 month old and I've had no contact off him. Is there any way I can have him removed from berth certificate without him been involved? If he is involved in the process he will do anything to stop it as he claims to not want to be like his absent farther tho he already is. I know that he will stoop to any level to cause trouble because when I was still pregnant he told the consultant he had a previous child that passed of leukaemia. We later found out this was a disgusting lie. I would rather my son never know his name and just know him as a sperm donor than to find out his farther just didn't want to know.
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
May I ask how his name came to be on the certificate?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
he wanted to be on it and said he wanted to be in my sons life.
I am so very sorry but I have bad news.
Unless you can prove that he is not the biological father of the child then you cannot remove his name from the birth certificate.
The only way this would change is if in the future you have a new partner who chooses to adopt the child
I am sorry not to be able to be more positive - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
I have a partner and a child to him and he is wanting to adopt my eldest son but (I have checked with a local lawyer and was told had to have biological permission as not married. I know hat we won't get that permission.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
And thank you for your help, even if it's not the answer I was hoping for.
In fact it is not as bleak as that.
Yes the biological father's permission will be sought - but the Court can overrule his refusal IF the judge thinks that the Adoption is in the best interests of the child - and his lack of interest in or contact with the child will go in your favour.
It is worth at least speaking to the Adoption Section of your local Childrens Services
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you so much =)
You are welcome - good luck