How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35054
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

If my father gives me regular monthly payment out of income

This answer was rated:

If my father gives me regular monthly payment out of income which he has already paid tax on do I have to declare it as income on which I will pay tax?
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
No it is not income on which you have to pay tax - unless of course he is actually employing you as a worker
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I also claims tax credits. does this money from my father count as income?

No your father is allowed to give you gifts - but you need to be clear about this is you are ever asked to submit your bank statements - so having a letter from your father confirming the arrangement would be sensible