How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35051
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi again, I am going to write to my ex husbands solicitor

This answer was rated:

Hi again, I am going to write to my ex husband's solicitor this week and I just we'd to check some further points. my ex husband's wife has been back in England for the last few weeks and has been incessantly messaging my son via his i pad to arrange a meeting between her and him, I asked him to tell her that she should approach me, she sent me some emails and as yet I have not responded as I have been unsure of her motives after reading my son's messages from her (I have kept a record of them). she is still sending him messages asking him to meet her and when that will be? I got some informAtion that i have a right to monitor his messages and would it be accurate to say that I have no legal obligation to allow her contact with my son? many thanks
Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Does your son wish to see her?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Not at the moment no and he has told her he is busy at he moment
Of course it is appropriate to keep an eye on your son's messages - and you should write a firm letter to his solicitor confirming that all future approaches should be via you
She has no absolute right of Contact - but clearly if he wishes to see her it would be appropriate to allow it
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
that's really helpful information thank you. I have today received a letter from his solicitors that I have until Monday morning to disclose my new address to my son's father before they file court order making me tell them my new address, I have been holding back telling them as we have just moved here and I was fearful also that he or his wife would pay an unannounced visit, I have history of bullying with my ex husband and his wife is very insistent too.
Write and tell them that you will release the address provided you receive written assurances that neither he nor his wife will visit the property without invitation
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you