How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35045
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I have recently moved to my partners home, investing money

This answer was rated:

I have recently moved to my partners home, investing money in an extension to his property. We have a 5 month old child. My partner is named as the father on my child's birth certificate. I would like to make a Will, leaving my child in the custody of his Godfather and his wife, if I should die before my child's 18th birthday. My main reason for this is that my partner has an addiction to alcohol and I am currently the sole emotional and physical support for my child. I do not believe my partner is fit enough to raise a child alone. What are my rights to include custody wishes in my will? I entered the wrong email address for a reply. It [email protected]

Thank you for your question.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you
You are entitled to name whoever you wish as Testamentary Guardians - but they would have to apply to the court for Residence unless the biological father agrees to them having the care of the child.
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you