How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My X partner will not let me or my family have contact with

Customer Question

My X partner will not let me or my family have contact with my daughter of nearly 4 years old. We split up and for a while I did see my daughter at weekends for a couple of hours, then it all stopped and mediation was arranged which I went to until she cancelled it. she has just told us she has changed my daughters surname to her currant boyfriends by deed poll BUT I still have to pay CSA money to her every month even though another mans name is XXXXX XXXXX new birth certificate - is this right. I also opened a bank account and bought Nat Saving Bonds for my daughter in her name and mine which I and my family put money into so she has a nest egg when she is 16. I do work self employed but cannot afford to take her to court, my earnings are low and I have rent, council tax and food bills to pay for myself as I live with my granddad as I was made homeless when she and I broke up
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Was you name on her birth certificate?
When did you last see her?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,