How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Issue with home conveyancy and ex husband

Customer Question

I'm having trouble with my ex husband. I have a decree absolute that states the house comes back to me and the business premises to him on dec 1st 2013.
I have arranged my mortgage and all I need is for him to sign the papers but he won't ! He just ignores everything. His issue is that he has CCJs resulting in charges against the business premises ( his debt not mine) if he doesn't sign I will lose my arrangement fee for my mortgage
The business can't go back in his sole name until his debt is satisfied but I don't see why I should wait ?
Can the court sign my house back to me ? My finances are in order and I'm happy to sign to return the business to him ?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law