How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Nicola-mod Your Own Question
Nicola-mod, Moderator
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 21
Experience:  Moderator
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Nicola-mod is online now

I am from pakistan I got married and came to london 11 years

Customer Question

I am from pakistan I got married and came to london 11 years ago my daughter was born in 2007 till then I got my indefinite visa me and my husband seperated in 2007 its been now 7 years he comes to meet his daughter once a week and did sent me to Pakistan couple of times but we r not living togather now I want to start a new life with some1 else in korea I don't want to tell my husband I am still married a muslim way he didn't give me divorce .I want to go korea without telling him with my daughter just want to ask can I do that if I go can he be able to do any kind of legal proceeding to andget his daughter or me back in england and one thing more now I am a british citizen and my daughter as well please help me I am very tense due to this situation

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which Korea do you wish to move to?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

south korea and i also wish that i can ask a divorce from there

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
You cannot remove your daughter from the Uk without the agreement of your Ex or an Order from the court.
If you try to do so then your husband can apply to the South Korean Court who will order the Return of the child to the UK as they have recently signed the Hague Convention on Abducted Children
However if he does agree that you can take her you can get a divorce there if you wish
I am sorry to give you bad news - please ask if you need further details
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an unrated answer waiting for you here from the Professional.

If the Expert was helpful, rating their answer as satisfactory transfers your deposit to them – this is how the Expert is compensated.

To rate your answer, you can go to your question page, and click one of the five faces below the Expert's answer. Please be sure you are logged in with your username and password or you will not be able to view or rate your answer.

If you still need help with your question, please feel free to reply to the Expert on this question page. You may ask as many follow-up questions on the same question page as you need until you are satisfied.

Thank you,