How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My ex husband of three years obtained a prohibitive steps order

Customer Question

My ex husband of three years obtained a prohibitive steps order regarding my 9 year old. It was referred for hearing in January . In the meantime I am seeing very little of her and he isn't responding to me asking to see her . I thought this was about taking her away? I have no intention and we are all British passport holders . There is a penal notice too. Is she allowed to stay with me?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How long has she been living with her father and what contact have you had in that time?
Why has he applied for a Prohibited steps order
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,