How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am living with my husband , I want a divorce on grounds of

Customer Question

I am living with my husband , I want a divorce on grounds of his infidelity . He refuses to move out . I am on low income . Can I get legal aid , what can I do about him refusing to leave . We have a daughter of 8 yrs old.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Who owns the property, how much is it worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage
Who has the day to day care of the child and what income do you each have?
What other assets and debts are there?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

there is £100,000 equity in the house ( but this is money I put in and I have a signed agreement to that fact ) . My daughter goes to school and i take care of her after school.

I have just starting working as self employed , so money is different every week , there is no spare money at the end of the month . I'm finding it hard to pay the mortgage.

My partner earns £1,000 per month.


I would like to know if I can apply for legal aid..


Thank you

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Is he violent at all?
Expert:  Nicola-mod replied 4 years ago.

Just a quick reminder, there is an information request here from the Expert. This means they need to know more details before they will be able to give you a full answer.

Thank you,