How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34908
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Ive recently got divorced and my mother died my mothers estate

Customer Question

Ive recently got divorced and my mother died my mothers estate my wife is not entitled to any of this and is in a discreanary trust.My wife has turn really nasty and vindictive she has turn my kids against me I try to contact my kids telling them I love them and want to see them I txt them on average 2 a day without reply .....she told me drop stuff of at school so I waited outside school on several occasions with out see them she is now trying to say im harassing my kids cos I txt them can see get a restraining order for being guilty of only expressing love to my kids via txt the police have visit me and said there are 8 incidents logged over a period of 12 months which ive no idea what these are as ive never been visited by the police until yesterday when the police visited and said my daughter had made a complaint ssying is was revving my car and looking at her angrily ........I never even seen her !!!!!!!!!! .......ive never ever been in trouble with the police and never contact my ex wife
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and when did you last have contact with them?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

The children are 12 and 16 I received a txt on 12 nov asking me to get an ipod charger to my daughter and to contact her !!!!!! Or leave at school from my ex wife ive my txts are never aggressive and I have not seen my kids for 3 months the txt as reicieved off my daughters phone are aggressive and threatning to me .........the whole purpose of this is im dating now a school teacher and to break us up ....she hounded her own father like this till he took his own life

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
What action did the police say they would take - if any.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I spoke to the police last night they calling back tonight and the officers words was tbere was as far as they could see no crime committed im just worried thats trying to build up a catalogue of lies to use in court to get an injuction then see can try to control my movements and thete my life again can she get an injuction on these grounds Claire

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
So far as your daughters are concerned I am afraid if your 16 year old does not wish to have contact then you should limit the times that you contact her
In deed it may be best to wait until you hear from her - and tell her that that is what will happen
If you want to re-establish a relationship with the younger child then you should start by trying to discuss the matter with your ex using Family mediation (
and if that fails then you may wish to consider making an application to the court for a defined contact order
Do not trust anything your ex says about what the girls want
Please ask if you need further details