How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

plz could u give me some advice,i am a single parent with 2

Customer Question

plz could u give me some advice,i am a single parent with 2 children,one from a previous relationship and one with my ex,they are 8 yrs and ex has took on my 8 yr old as his own,but is demanding to be apart of her life,he has a history of violence,is an alcholic,and leaves his mum and dad whos 70 yrs and 65 yrs to look after my children when they go to see him,he shouts and loses interest in my children when they are there,and burys his head in a vodka bottle daily! his parents have took my eldest on as there own grand daughter,i just want to know my rights and were i stand with the situation with my ex aswell as there grand parents rights as they are not consulting me on any arrangements,they are being made with an 8 yr old,they are turning up at a drop of a hat to get my children,my ex has made threats to me because i am in a new relationship now
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is the current pattern of contact and is your ex named on the four year olds birth certificate?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

the current pattern of contact is they turn up when ever they want and take my girls,i dont feel like im there mum,as they dictate and are funny when they dont get their own way with my girls,i carnt make plans myself or spend ant time with my girls for fear of them just turning up unannounced,or they make plans with an 8 yr old instead of with me.yes my ex is named on the 4 yr olds birth certificate,but not on my 8 yr olds.plz could you help me as to were i stand with grand parents rights ex does not pay me anything for my 4 yr old.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
May I ask why you let them in when they turn up - or let them have the children when they turn up?
Why have you not applied to the CSA for maintenance?