How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35056
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

My ex girlfriend and I separated a year ago due to drug abuse

Customer Question

My ex girlfriend and I separated a year ago due to drug abuse on her part, since then I moved out but continue to pay the bills, house keeping and rent as I have a 3 year old son who lives with her too. I have been having access to my son fairly readily and keep him with me every weekend and Wednesday. However I have been threatened recently with no access to see him. What can I do about this?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Whose name is on the tenancy agreement?
Do you believe that the child is safe in his mothers care?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare

The house is rented to a company I own.

With regard to care, I do believe he is safe, however, I would much rather he was never exposed to anybody using cannabis or worse.



Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
The law says that a child is entitled to contact with both parents - and the courts will enforce this if necessary.
If your ex does stop contact then you can apply to the court for a shared residence order to protect the amount of contact that you have had until now.
The form you need is here
The fee is £215 and you can read more about applications here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details