How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

My wife has a son (Fred)with her previous husband whom lives

Customer Question

My wife has a son (Fred)with her previous husband whom lives in Australia, the parent order does allow him to see his son however (2 weeks per annum) , his father is only flying to Dubai and he is wanting his grandmother to fly Fred out to Dubai. Fred doesn't want to go and has told his father and grandmother he doesn't want to go, is there any way we can stop this or will the judge favour on the side of the father, he is frightened of his dad and on 2 separate occasions has left him unaccompanied. whilst in his care, 1 being in a theme park whilst his dad went on the rides and 1 was in the bush (outback) whilst his dad went to get the car which was 15 minutes away. Fred is 9 years old, see his dad only 2 weeks of the year , he does "play Playstation and Skype " every weekend but in a playing role. At the age of 4 the parental order does say he can take him out of the country.

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What evidence do you have of these incidents and when did they happen?