James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

HiIve been divorced almost 6 years and my wife has never

Customer Question

I've been divorced almost 6 years and my wife has never let me take the children away on holiday. My mother wants to take us all away in August (in the UK) and my ex has responded saying that they can't make the week specified, with no explanation as to why. She has taken the children away with her parents twice a year for the last 5 years. Each time I ask to take the boys away just for a weekend to see my parents there is always an excuse. At the moment I see them just on Saturdays. The children will be 14 and 16 in August (13 and 15 at the moment) and I wondered where I stand legally and if there's anything I can do to spend this time with them. I have always paid maintenance on time and have always given extra for uniforms don't think I'm being unjust in asking to have more time with them for the first time in 5 years.
My name is XXXXX XXXXX I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Do the children wish to go away with you?