How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am a dad with great concers about the care of my child which

Customer Question

I am a dad with great concers about the care of my child which I have raised with the social services also neighbours raised concerns about her twice sept and jan this year
Can you help as my ex partner has mental health issues and is applying for full time residency in court 17 feb
I cant afford a solicitor but need advice about how to represent myself in court is there any aid for this, I used to have 2 day contact & night from june to august but was concerned when i returned Leah as my partner was unfit to have her ( alcholhol or drugs I dont know when i offered to bring her back next day she kicked the lights in on my car & distressed Leah grabbing her hair pulling her into the house ,
I called the police who gave me 3 options get her arrested for criminal damage 2 go to house & warn her or do nothing I was made to feel I would make access worse if I took it further
I have not seen my child since then & now have a meet with social worker tomorrow from neighbours concerns not just my own what rights have I in court.
I took christmas pressents to her mothers house christmas eve we then found my family presents from father christmas thrown onto our drive 2 hours later in the rain . We are so distressed about her situation is there anyone that can represent dad rights
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old is the child and why has your ex made an applictaion for a Residence Order since the child is already in her care?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

My daughter leah is 4. The reason she is doing this is because of she with a new partners who is abusive and alot of problems have accrued Sinse with but alot of things have falsely being caused of my behalf and caused alot of accusations which isn't true. All I want is contact no matter how much with my daughter and is struggling and need help! I've don't everything right Sinse she was born providing and paying for everything working full time to make sure she was safe but because my ex partner is with sumone else she has tried her beSt to blank me and make false accusations to make me stop seing my child when I do everything right. Please help

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Have you made your own applictaion for contact?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No it's costing me £800 for application for court which I carnt afford

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Sorry where did that figure come from - I thought it was your ex that had applied?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes which my ex have applied for, a court order. but that's what it would cost if I put my own application across. I juSt need advise what I can do from here

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Who told you that figure (it is wrong)