How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34885
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

HiI have been separated now for over 3 years from the mother

Customer Question


I have been separated now for over 3 years from the mother of my two children aged 8 and 14 I have been having them every other weekend And taken them on holiday the relationship has broken down and she has stopped me seeing them as I was worried about my child's weight as very over weight I weighed them and now said unless I see her face to face and say sorry for weighing them I can't see them both children want to see me again how do I get official aceess please david
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 4 years ago.

My name is Mac. I can help you with your question.

The quickest way to see your children again will be to see and speak to her. I say that because the court is a slow process.

If the two of you are still unable to resolve your differences, and you have differing concerns about the children's weight (for example) then you could suggest mediation to her. It is a less confrontational and less expensive route than court proceedings.

If you feel you have no choice but to make an application to court, then you should complete and file a form C1 (which you can find at the link below) at your nearest family court.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
The form you need is in fact a Form C100 available here
The fee is £215.
More information here
You are expected to have tried Family mediation first