How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Hi there I have a court order that now because father passed

Customer Question

Hi there
I have a court order that now because father passed away is challenged to be down graded .the father left vast trust but left our child out of the will. What are my rights?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 4 years ago.

My name is Mac. I can help you with your question. First I need a bit more information:

- were you married to the father? (and then divorced?)
- how old is the child?
- was the father providing you and/or your child with financial support before he passed away?
- if so, can you indicate how much?
- do you know the approximate amount of the assets the father left behind?