James Mather
James Mather,
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace

My wife and I are wanting to divorce, she is the main earner

Customer Question

My wife and I are wanting to divorce, she is the main earner (69k) and I earn 26k. At the moment I'm living with my dad 15 miles away. I have to get back to the marital home for 6am every morning to facilitate her being able to go to work. I then do all children pick ups and drop offs, and then work full time until 11pm. She says this is how she would like to continue after the divorce as I will see the kids everyday.. I am struggling to make ends meet as i still pay my share of mortgae and bills and am spending £280 on fuel! Is this a reasonable solution in the eyes of the law? I will be broke and my wife no worse off.. She has seen a solicitor but I haven't because if the expense..
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Why are you still paying towards the bills and the mortgage?
How much is the house worth and how much is outstanding on the mortgage?