How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34902
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

I am separated from my husband, I was/am seeing another man

Customer Question

I am separated from my husband, I was/am seeing another man and my husband dosent want a divorce. I can see no way a of getting back with my husband, where do I stand as reguard to getting a divorce, we have children too.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How old are the children and how long have you been separated
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Children 11 yrs and 14yrs - separated for two months

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
The only immediate grounds for divorce are Adultery and Unreasonable Behaviour.
Since no one is perfect it is likely that your ex has behaved in a way that has upset or annoyed you and that is more or less all that is required and you can use that to create a Petition
Details are here
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details