How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

i split with my husband in sept he told me to go as i had someone

Customer Question

i split with my husband in sept he told me to go as i had someone else. i felt i had no choice but to leave the kids with him but now i want my youngest to live with me what can i do. also we have a house together which he is still living in with the kids but only paying interest only on the mortgage. i dont want my kids upset and have to move but it is stopping me and my new partner getting a mortgage. he cannot afford to buy me out at the moment i dont know what to do for the best
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 4 years ago.
My name is Mac and I will be able to help you with your question, but first I need a bit more information:

How old are the children?
How much is the house worth ( and the mortgage)?
How much does he, and you, earn?
What other assets are there?