How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34887
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi my son who has now legal custody of his child has been offered

Customer Question

Hi my son who has now legal custody of his child has been offered a property with the rent being paid by benefit, he has asked me to pay initial payment and be the guarantor...what would I not be covered .

hope this made sence

Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
I am not sure what it is that you are asking - could you please clarify this
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Claire


what are my legal responsabilities to veing a guarantor to my son on a rentle property ?


why would someone require a garanta if council are paying rent


sorry for spelling I have a couple of buttons sticky (spileed juice) on key pad

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
He needs a guarantor in case he stops being eligible for Housing Benefit; and to cover and damages.
The simple issue is how much you trust your son (sorry to be blunt)?
Is he likely to do all he can to pay the full rent if there is a problem with his benefit - and will he treat the property well?
This is what your responsibility will be
Please ask if you need further details