How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34910
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello.Ive been with my boyfriend since august last year.Now

Customer Question

Hello.I've been with my boyfriend since august last year.Now i found out I'm pregnant and suddenly he decide to brake up with me and he dont want to do anything with me or the baby.Just to mention I'm British citizen and he is Arabic(Jordanian passport).I currently live in London and he lives in Dubai.My question is can i sue him for a child support? Or what can i do in this situation as I'm gonna live as single mum now.Thank you
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How often does he come to the UK?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Not very often.I use to go there (in Dubai) last time i spend two months(when i found i was pregnant).

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Does he have any assets in the uk?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
You are entitled to apply to the court here in the Uk for maintenance using The Children Act 1989 and you will certainly be successful in obtaining an order.
Your problem will be enforcing the Order as there is no reciprocal agreement in place with Dubai.
You can read more about enforcing foreign Orders here
in case he ever moves to a country where enforcement is possible
Please ask if you need further details