How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34905
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Im going back to court soon to apply to get my children back

Customer Question

I'm going back to court soon to apply to get my children back from local authority care. I know there was a recommendation that I do cbt, which I have done, and paid for myself. I noticed last week that it also mentioned that it mentions that I should do counselling. It doesn't specify what for. Would it be important to do some or would the cbt cover it do u think?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Did your CBT therapist suggest any other counselling?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No she felt id made fantastic progress and said she would stand up in court for me

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Then that will more than adequately answer the Counselling point and nothing further is necessary
I hope that this is of assistance - please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

In the previous case I had a full assessment done by 2 independent social workers who stood up for me and said they felt I should get the children home. Would I be able to call them again or would I have to do assessments with New people?

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
If you get legal aid it could be worth asking them to complete an updating report - unless they do so there is no point in their giving further evidence- but you can refer to the previous report