How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

Ive got a loan with of £27 000 which is on my husbands and

Customer Question

I've got a loan with of £27 000 which is on my husbands and my name. I signed it for him in 2010 as he said to me the bank ( in Mauritius) told him I had to do so since we were married.
How can I remove my name off that loan? I've got nothing to do with it and I don't want to be responsible for it especially in the situation where we are divorced.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare and I will do my best to help you
The only way that you will be able to deal with this is as part of the financial negotiation within the divorce proceedings
Within those you can obtain an Order that he has to obtain your release from the loan
I hope that this is of assistance