How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35076
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Me and my ex husband have a financial order dated 1/12/11.

This answer was rated:

Me and my ex husband have a financial order dated 1/12/11. We agreed that i would receive £600 per month £344 spousal maintenance the rest child maintenance but he will only pay the child maintenace if a go through the csa, but surely if we already have this agreement then why do i need to go through the csa? ive contacted the csa and i will get less each month if i go through them. Please advise me. He is self employed. 

Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
For clarity - you have a court order setting out how much he should pay is this correct?
How much are the arrears?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi Clare i have a consent order that states i should get £344 spousal maintenance £234 child maintenance and another £22 child maintenance as the judge added it wrongly in the rose order to make up the £600. He pays the £344 plus the £22 every month but will only pay the difference if i go through the csa. I have on numerous occasions gone through the csa as ive had no choice but because the csa messed me around on several occasions i cancelled it. But because of the consent order i didnt think i needed to go through the csa directly. ive spoken again to the csa as i getting desperate for money but they tell me that if i agree to go through them then they will over ride the consent order. The csa have quoted me less money to go back through them. I am too worried to go back through the csa as im not sure who is in the right here. I believe he owes me about £1K from 2012 and another £1k for 2013/ 2014 im not too worried about the debt but need to know if i take him back to court for not abiding by the consent order will i win

Many thanks

Unless and until a CSA assessment is in place (and your ex can apply for it if he wishes) then the Order stands - and you can enforce it in any of the ways detailed here
(however NEVER register the order in the magistrates court)
You will need the permission of the court to enforce arrears that are more than 12 months old - so the sooner you start the better
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Hi thank you, XXXXX XXXXX of £234 was an original amount assessed by the CSA before we went to court, we told the judge this amount and he calculated the rest to add up to the £600. Do i have to go back through the CSA.

Is there an assessment still open with the CSA.
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

No i decided to close it down with csa as i had nothing but problems with them, so there is nothing open with them

Then no you do not have to deal with the CSA - you enforce the Order via the courts
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you