How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 34903
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hello could you please help me? I have 3 children by 2 different

This answer was rated:

Hello could you please help me? I have 3 children by 2 different women, my wife from whom I am divorced and a later lady. I paid child maintenance to my wife in line with the mortgage of £600+ while she was still living in the family home until the house was sold last October. While doing that I was also paying the CSA £223 a month for my other son, this while only earning £1200 a month. Unfortunately after having a break down I have been on long term sick since May 2014 and only get £71.00 a week, which £7 a week is stopped to pay for my youngest son through CSM (new CSA). How much should I legally be giving my wife as she does not want to go through the CSM and if she was I would only be paying £7 a week for all 3. I would just like to say even while I was still working and on the sickness benefit I still paid the mortgage putting me £1000's in debt. I would be most grateful for any advise you could give me , thank you very much B
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
How much is your ex wife asking for?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for replying. Originally she was demanding £320 a month, which was more than I had coming in! Now she is saying she has been on the CSA site and is demanding £7 per child per week. I asked to pay through the CSA as putting the 3 children together seemed the fairer option to my youngest son. But because I pay him £7 a week she feels that they should all get the same, which in an ideal world I would agree, but paying £21 a week out of £71 only leaves me with £50 a week to feed, clothe myself and pay rent and utilities from . I want to reach amicable arrangement with her, as she stops me seeing the children if I don't . I am also hoping to have the children more often , at least once a week but can not get any legal aid to help fight for this. Thank you Barry
No - if she goes through the CSA she will get £4.60 - so offer her that - or ask the CSA to complete an assessment your self.
With regard to contact the law says that children are entitled to contact with both parents and the Court will enforce this if necessary
Legal Aid is no longer available - but you can make the application yourself
The details are here
Please ask if you need further details
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Where would I stand if she says no to £4.60 a week, can she legally make me pay more? She spent 4 years studying law and tries to confuse me with legal words and is being totally unreasonable , I feel like I have no where to turn. Sorry to keep asking but I need to be up to date on it all as I know she will be. Thank you Barry
No you cannot be forced to pay any more at all
If she is not happy with your offer then her only option is to make an application to the CSA and you know what the result of that would be
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you