How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask Clare Your Own Question
Clare, Family Solicitor
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 35042
Experience:  I have been a solicitor in High Street Practise since 1985 and have specialised in Family Law for the last 10 years
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
Clare is online now

Hi, can you give general power attorney to a solicitor say

This answer was rated:

Hi, can you give general power attorney to a solicitor say for 2 weeks whilst I am abroad.? It's just that I am going for a holiday but I do not want anyone to forcefully take my signature (husband and I considering separation and going to meet in laws abroad and hence scared that they may make me sign something to avoid paying out for me and my 3year old if we do separate). Or is there something that I can notarise to invalid any documents signing I do if they forced me to sign anything. I just want to protect myself against any kind of wrongdoing upon me.! Thankyou
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
Which country are you going to?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
Hi, I am going to India.
Is there a concern that they will keep your child?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.
In all honesty yes the thing is my husband says to give the marriage another go hence the reason going but I also am a little concerned that they may be planning something behind my back so hence trying to get something legal to protect me and my daughter - just incase.
My concern is not what they will make you sign over there - it would not be binding over here if you were coerced in any event so there is no need for you to sign anything else first.
My real concern is that they will keep your daughter and send you back to the UK.
There is no easy way of recovering Children from India
I would suggest that you speak to this organization
who will be able to discuss what protections you can put in place
also whilst this organisation deals generally with honour killings and forced marriages they may also have advice that will help you and your daughter
Please ask if you need further details
Clare and other Family Law Specialists are ready to help you