How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

I am separating from my partner. He is taking two children

Customer Question

I am separating from my partner. He is taking two children I am taking one of them. We have a four and a half year old and a 3 year old. Our 4 year old boy is severley autistic and that is why I cannot have re him his strength etc. He doesn't want to split the little ones up but I will see how he copes with both.I also have a 14 year old son with aspergers he will come and live with me. I have been to the council today and they have told me because we are not making ourselves intentionally homeless they are not obligated to rehouse us. So I would like to know from you what we can do from here?
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Thank you for your question.
My name is Clare
I will do my best to help you but I need some further information first.
What is your current housing position?
Customer: replied 4 years ago.

I am still living in private accommodation with my ex partner.

Expert:  Clare replied 4 years ago.
Have you looked for somewhere else to rent privately?