How JustAnswer Works:
  • Ask an Expert
    Experts are full of valuable knowledge and are ready to help with any question. Credentials confirmed by a Fortune 500 verification firm.
  • Get a Professional Answer
    Via email, text message, or notification as you wait on our site. Ask follow up questions if you need to.
  • 100% Satisfaction Guarantee
    Rate the answer you receive.
Ask James Mather Your Own Question
James Mather
James Mather,
Category: Family Law
Satisfied Customers: 1390
Experience:  Senior Partner at Berkson Wallace
Type Your Family Law Question Here...
James Mather is online now

When I got divorced there was a court order made for my husband

Customer Question

When I got divorced there was a court order made for my husband to pay me on a monthly basis. He has not paid me for a few months and he doesnt answer my messages. Is this court order legally binding.
Submitted: 4 years ago.
Category: Family Law
Expert:  familylawexpert replied 4 years ago.

My name is XXXXX XXXXX I can help you with your question. First I have to ask for some more information:

- was the order sealed by the court? (ie does it have a court stamp on it somewhere?)

- has your husband explained why he is not paying? (I appreciate that he is now not communicating with you, but before then...?)

- are you able to scan in the order so that I can read it? (If you are, please feel free to block out the names/identifying information).

Customer: replied 4 years ago.

Yes there is a court seal on the document. We were not really communicating since the divorce 9 years ago but our son committed suicide last year and we had some slight communication just after the funeral. I cannot scan the document.